Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Let There Be Color!

Not only are nearly all the cabinets done, but now the kitchen's a whole new color! We chose Porta Luca from Mythic Paint (purchased at Ecohaus). The color is almost like a dark cameo blue. For more on the paint-selection process, check out my earlier post on fume-free paint.

And, here are the latest photos! First, a shot where you can see the color really well. Note that the skinny cabinet at the back still has the old door. We're working on a cool new idea for the door front since Ikea doesn't make doors that size.


The standard long shot of the kitchen--lots of cabinets!


I really like the way the cabinets turned out here, with the glass fronts. The cabinets are only eight inches deep, due to space constraints, but they'll provide great storage for lots of things, including my favorite OXO Pop containers! Brian did a great job on these cabinets, which he had to custom fit--they look wonderful!


The "baking center" is looking awesome! I've already put away a few things. The right-side cabinets are all drawers and I love their design. The tall cabinet pulls out to reveal a tidy pantry. I'll have to take some more photos of it when I've put everything away.


Next up: Countertops! The installer comes tomorrow morning--I'm very excited to have the counters in and see all that beautiful granite! Plus, the sink comes undermounted on the counter, so we'll finally have a kitchen sink again and will also get to see the new faucet in action. I'm eager to see how it will all look!

No comments:

Post a Comment